(TOLEDO, Ohio - October 4, 2012) - The ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards has established a series of ‘firsts' over the years at Kansas Speedway. This year's ARCA Kansas Lottery 98.9 on Friday, October 19 will be no exception.
The event will mark the very first race on the newly-paved 1.5-mile oval, just ahead of the track's full plate of weekend NASCAR races.
The ARCA Kansas Lottery 98.9 will also mark the first time that ARCA has crowned its national champion at Kansas Speedway. As NASCAR's ‘Chase' heats up, ARCA will crown its 2012 national champion at Kansas, putting a wrap on its 60th Anniversary Season.
The outcome at Kansas will also determine the Team Messina Rookie Challenge title and the Hoosier Tire Superspeedway Challenge champion. Chris Buescher was crowned the Superspeedway Challenge champion last season at Kansas.
Series of Firsts at Kansas Speedway for the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards
1. Raced on inaugural raceday at track on June 2, 2001. The inaugural ARCA race at Kansas immediately followed the NASCAR Winston West Series race, won by ARCA's Frank Kimmel. Jason Jarrett (top left) won the ARCA race, passing Kimmel for the lead with just three laps remaining.
2. ARCA was the first series to race under the new lights at Kansas on October 7, 2011 (top right).
3. ARCA will crown its national champion at Kansas for the first time on October 19, 2012.
4. ARCA will crown its Team Messina Rookie Challenge champion on October 19, 2012.
5. ARCA will be the first to race on Kansas's newly-paved speedway on October 19, 2012.
The ARCA Kansas Lottery 98.9 will also follow on the heels of a dirt track race at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds, just five days before the Kansas finale, another first leading into Kansas.