After SoBo Success, Passmore Fired up for Berlin
After SoBo Success, Passmore Fired up for Berlin
No. 41 University of Northwestern Ohio Chevrolet Impala
Event Preview Fact Sheet
Event/Date: ARCA 200 – February 12, 2011
Venue: Daytona International Speedway
Richard Childress Racing
ARCA Racing Series Race Notes:
- RCR in the ARCA Racing Series … The 2011 season marks the second consecutive year that RCR has fielded a fulltime team in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards. This season, RCR will field two fulltime entries, with Tim George Jr. returning to the seat of the No. 31 RCR Chevrolet and Ty Dillon driving fulltime for RCR in the No. 41 Chevrolet. The 42 year old racing organization has fielded drivers in the ARCA Racing Series on a partial schedule in the past, including Kevin Harvick in 1999 and Austin Dillon in 2008 and 2009.
- Restrictor-plate Racing, ARCA Style… RCR is no stranger to restrictor plate racing in the ARCA Racing Series. Early in his career, Harvick brought the organization to a third-place finish in the October 1999 ARCA race at Talladega.
- Twitter … Follow RCR’s No. 31 and No. 41 ARCA Racing Series teams on the organization’s official ARCA Twitter page - @RCR_ARCA, and on the official RCR twitter page -@RCRRacing. Also follow Tim George Jr. on his official Twitter page - @TimGeorgeJr and Ty Dillon on his official Twitter page - @TyDillon.
- Catch the Action … Flag-to-flag coverage of the ARCA 200 will be televised live on Saturday, February 12 beginning at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on SPEED. Tune into the ARCA Racing Network at http://www.arcaracing.com for live timing and scoring of all on-track activity.
Ty Dillon, No. 41 University of Northwestern Ohio Chevrolet Impala
Race Notes and Quotes:
- This Week’s RCR Chevrolet at Daytona … Ty Dillon will pilot chassis No. 89 from the Richard Childress Racing ARCA Racing Series stable in this weekend’s ARCA 200. This No. 41 Chevrolet was built in house by RCR employees over the winter months. Although the car has not yet been tested under race conditions, Dillon did have the opportunity to drive this Chevrolet at Daytona during the ARCA Open Test in January, posting some of the most competitive times of the three day test.
- Dillon’s Daytona History … The ARCA 200 at Daytona marks Dillon’s first attempt at Daytona International Speedway, and his first attempt at restrictor-plate racing. However, the “World Center of Racing” is not completely unfamiliar to the 18-year-old high school senior, as he has been attending Speedweeks with his grandfather, legendary NASCAR car owner Richard Childress, and father, RCR Vice President of Competition Mike Dillon, his entire life. In fact, Dillon and his older brother, Austin, have been a part of several RCR Victory Lane celebrations at DIS, including the 1998 Daytona 500 with Dale Earnhardt, Sr.
- Welcome, UNOH … The University of Northwestern Ohio joins Dillon and RCR as primary sponsor of the No. 41 Chevrolet for Saturday’s ARCA 200. UNOH also serves as the Official High Performance Education University of ARCA.
- Meet Scott Naset … This season, Scott Naset will make the calls on top of the pit box as crew chief of the No. 41 Chevrolet. Naset is a long-time member of the RCR team, serving as truck chief for Austin Dillon’s No. 3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet in 2010, and as an experienced car chief in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for Kevin Harvick.
- Off to Volusia … Austin and Ty Dillon will be racing dirt Modifieds at Volusia Speedway Park as part of the 40th annual DIRTCar Nationals February 8-15. For more information, visit www.TeamDillonRacing.com.
- Last Season … In three ARCA Racing Series starts in 2010, Dillon earned two wins (Kansas and Rockingham), one pole award (Iowa), and led 59 of 500 laps.
- Up Close and Personal … Dillon will join teammate George Jr. on the Chevrolet Stage for a question-and-answer session with race fans on Saturday, February 12 at Noon. Following the Chevrolet appearance, RCR’s ARCA drivers will meet with race fans at the back of their respective team haulers in the ARCA Garage Area as part of ARCA All Access from 12:30 p.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday. The entire garage area will be open to race fans that have purchased a FanZone Ticket at Daytona.
Ty Dillon Quotes:
Do you feel pressure to perform well based on your success in 2010?
"The Daytona ARCA test went really well for our team, so I think we will be prepared and ready for Daytona when it's time to go there and race. Our No. 41 UNOH Chevrolet is really fast, and the guys are working hard to make it even better. I feel a little bit of pressure to perform well at Daytona based on my successes last season, but I'm confident in my team and in my car. I think my guys are good enough to handle anything that the 2011 ARCA season may hand us.”
What did you find most interesting about Daytona?
"I was impressed with the overall speed of Daytona. The track is really wild, especially being in the draft. I can't wait to get out there with 42 other cars."