Got a question???

Got a question???

Can anyone answer this question?..............Do the FORDS racing with ARCA using the NEW FORD ENGINE FR9?

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

ggyates

My question was answer by David Ragan.

Was a liitle worried when I saw what CHRIS's starting point was at Iowa. Should have known better CHRIS DID A GREAT JOB.(as usual) (starting point 15th) love to see him picking them off one by one.

The Pit Lane

What was the answer?

The Pit Lane
http://thepitlane.hoogetech.com

ggyates

answer was "No not yet" shortage supply . I believe it's a money issure JMO

I even wrote to Ragan, answer was  "Not yet"  Than I wrote to

Andy Hillenburg and got the same answer " Supply shortage.? I just don't buy that. I really think it's money

William D.

Fr9s are around 90k race ready

ggyates

I would think Roush would have a big advantage in the pricing dept when it comes to supplying his own cars,  Sean Corr, I believe that is the drivers name, is owned by Roush/Yates.

Sean Corr/Goshen NY Roush-Yates Performance Parts Ford

Wonder if they are using or testing the FR9 in ARCA.

To me if they are ,it should be in David Ragans car (Russ Roulo) With that FR9 Chris Buescher would blow them away. JMO.

You can bet that Ty Dillion is using one of the best and newest Chevy engine that granddaddy has in his shop.

ggyates

LOTS OF MONEY and each team would need a lot more than just one.

William D.

fr9s actually dont impress me much. i went to NASCAR Tecchnical Institute. Ive seen them on the dyno. they dont have the power the old engine had

ggyates

It isn't only the H/P Nascar will not let any of the cars go crazy with H/P  Nascar has designated what their will allow with H/P . This engine is smaller and lighter . Easier to correct set up when  needed at the race track BUT THE BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT IS THE COOLING SYSTEM.

I do agree THAT ROBERT YATES/FORD ENGINE had the most reliable ENGINE and had the power. I called it "The OLD WORK HORSE"  but it just didn't work with this COT nascar made all the teams have to use. Thank goodness Nascar is working on a change for 2013. They are suppose to identify  more to  the Mfg's concept.. I've seen it and I disagree JMO

oops i forgot A whole new Valve Train system

William D.

there is no HP rule. just a 358 cubic inch rule with a bore and stroke rule. in my nascar engine classes we had to know all the engine rules. the dodges have the most power. now if they could just get a decent aero package they might be tough

ggyates

BTW I have another question I was unable to watch Live timing and scoring this past weekend . My question...........what happen to Chris Buescher at Indy.  His finish was way off his pace and not his usual finish to a race.

The Pit Lane

Frank Kimmel used the first FR9 at Pocono in ARCA last weekend at Pocono!

The Pit Lane
http://thepitlane.hoogetech.com

ggyates

Kinda thought that Kimmel would be the driver to get the engine to test. Should have gone to Chris, but than I'm bias

BTW I've been told this was the second time the FR9 has been tested. When Roush/Yates feels it's ready it will go full swing. Of course for those who will have enough money to purchase that engine.

Wish the next time they let Chris test it.

ggyates

Where the heck do they put the QUALIFYING ORDER? What's the big secret?

Kent Whitaker

Great thread guys, I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking shortage of supply and cost probably went hand in hand for many. It's nice to read something that's not filled with handbag or clothing spam! - Kent Whitaker

ggyates

Hate ALL THIS handbag or clothing spam JUNK ON A RACING FORUM.

Lets get back to what it should be all about --RACING.

Oh and while I'm at it "GO GET'EM CHRIS BUESCHER AT IOWA"

A A.

Where can I find a list of who the sponsors are for indidual drivers?

pjames66

where has arca radio been?

timothy p.

Yes and no some use the fr-4 and some use the fr-9 but now there all switcing to the new 396

Post to Thread